I have been feeling more motivated to be crafty recently (scrapbooking and sewing, not so much cardmaking) whereas for the last few months, I've been pretty much blah about it.
I do occasionally come across other crafty temptations that, like with Project Life, I have not been able to (a) commit to and/or (b) convince myself to shell out the money for:
- Art journals. I toy with the idea of starting one when I see other people's, such as this and this.
- Kit clubs. I've been eyeing Studio Calico and Jenni Bowlin. But man, each month is like $30. Times 12 months equals kind of a chunk of money to spend on scrapbooking stuff that I probably won't use as fast as I get.
- Week in the life. Last May, I did actually go through and take pictures, as well as jot down daily notes, for a week. I even went so far as to develop the pictures and put them on a book ring to make a little album of all my pictures and notes. That's as far as I got though. I should make one of my goals to finish last May's before I do another week this May.
- Making and sending holiday cards. I see other people making cute cards to send out, but then when I start thinking about who to send cards to and having to collect mailing addresses, I get discouraged all quick-like. Some year down the road, maybe.
- December Daily albums. I've only been able to do a December (but not daily) album. It's less pressure that way. I'm planning to do one for this past December. We'll see if I beat my March completion date for the December 2009 mini album.