New season of Bachelorette started earlier this week. I'm not normally a Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher, but I watched week 1 mostly because of this guy who was an intern at my company (in the Phoenix office, no less) a few years ago.
Having never watched a full episode of the Bachelor or the Bachelorette prior to this, my previous exposure consisted of clips that were highlighted by and made fun of on The Soup. Even if I never saw silly clips on The Soup, it'd still be hard for me to take this show seriously, but whatevs.
- "What has two thumbs and is gonna marry Emily? This guy!" Srsly?
- "I'm a high school biology teacher, but I'm here to have chemistry with you." Hmm. Actually, I thought this was cheesy, but kind of good . . .
- "The name's Charming, Prince Charming." Whoa, dude. What are we, on Once Upon a Time?
- What is with that guy who dressed as an old lady? Veto.
- What is with that guy taking care of an egg like it's high school health class or something? Is that egg going to go with you on dates and stuff? Better get a man-purse for it.
- Cut the long hair, hippie. A.K.A. Michael the Rehab Counselor. (That comment probably makes me sound old. Or like an accountant. Good thing I'm both).
- WHY IS THERE SO MUCH MAN-DRAMA? Is it just built up that way because of the way the footage has been edited and put together? And the dramatic music in the background that evokes certain emotions?
- I don't know if I'm going to continue watching the rest of the season . . . I feel like watching the show was only marginally not a waste of time because I was uber curious about that Nate kid.