I took a spin through the directory and here are the ones that caught my eye, though there's plenty of other fun shops and restaurants on there:
- Junkie Threads - I first saw them at the Gilbert Art Walk, where I picked up an "Arizona grown" T-shirt for Parker (it's still a little big on him). I also ordered their Feather Tank. Also, they were on the Finding Arizona podcast, which I enjoyed listening to.
- LetterCraft - We picked up some Arizona-themed ornaments a couple of Christmases ago. I like the state cutouts and the United States puzzle. They were also on a Finding Arizona podcast recently.
- For The People - This is a shop that I haven't checked out before, but I would like to.
- Frances - My friend, Emily, first told me about this boutique shortly after I came back to Phoenix from undergrad. I like to check it out every once in a while when we're in uptown Phoenix. It's been uptown before uptown started getting trendier. Also, the owner's daughter is on SNL!
- Practical Art - I thought this was a neat shop with a variety of handmade items from a number of different artists. We got a table from here that we now have next to our front door.
- House of Tricks - I go here for work on multiple occasions, particularly for lunch, and I get the Grilled Chicken Breast Chipotle Pasta, Oven Dried Tomatoes, Scallions and Spinach in a Spicy Pepper Cream Sauce
Either this weekend or next week, Greg and I are planning to check out Practical Art again, and For the People while we're at it, which is next door. Frances is on the same corner, so maybe we'll swing by there too! (Although Greg isn't as big a Frances fan).