Weekly baby blog posts such as this may be one of those things where our subsequent children get the short end of the stick. Heh.
- Her umblical stump fell off on Sunday.
- There was a rough night in the middle of the week where Evie woke up at 1:00ish, I fed her, and then she didn't fall asleep for probably 4 or 5 hours. It was frustrating. Greg ended up taking her in the early morning so that I could sleep.
- Since that rough night, Evie seems to be sleeping better (i.e., following more of a schedule/routine), which has been a relief. I'm not sure if anything that we've tried is what did it, but we don't let her sleep more than about 3 hours a stretch during the day and we try to keep her from sleeping too deeply during the day, though it's hard to wake a newborn who is really asleep.
- My ankles look thinner than they've been in months. Still not sure about whether I fit into all my shoes since I haven't needed to wear them much.
- It'd be nice if I didn't have this extra pooch going on in the belly area. I should probably set my expectations appropriately given that it's only been 2 weeks.
- "I'm a Snugglesaurus Rex and you're my prey." -Greg